Safety Training Evaluation Process - STEP
What can we learn from more than a billion hours of work? How to achieve world-class safety. ABC analyzed the incident rates of members who participated in the 2017 Safety Training Evaluation Process and found that STEP can help the best-performing contractors achieve remarkable safety performance - more than six times safer than the industry average.* That's what we call world-class safety.
Our members can speak to the power of STEP and its impact on creating a culture of safety that believes every incident is preventable.
*ABC 2018 Safety Performance Report, abc.org/spr
Safety is a core value - with STEP, you can build upon it!
- Organized approach for analyzing and developing safety and loss prevention programs
- The Key Component system forms a 20-point guide to starting, updating or auditing a company-wide safety program
- Incorporates lagging indicator safety performance data with leading indicator use and self-assessment requirements to give a full, wide ranging report on the entire nature of a company's Safety Program
- Designed to benefit both large and small contractors alike
- Recognition for ABC members at both National and Chapter level, with various recognition events held throughout the year
- Gateway to Accredited Quality Contractor recognition
- STEP Diamond and Platinum recipients eligible for ABC National Safety Excellence Award.
- STEP data shows STEP participants beat BLS national averages in all lagging indicator performance metrics, leading to participant benefits in the pre-bid/bid process and when negotiating insurance rates.
The 2018 STEP application is now available!
To apply for STEP, please click here to complete the online application.
If you wish to apply using the paper application, you may download here and submit via ABC Central Pennsylvania. Please note that, for all paper applications, there is a $35 application processing fee (waived for STEP Diamond and Platinum applicants).